I don't know what that means, but I like it - 80%

autothrall, March 9th, 2010

This Polish band's debut Awaking to Immortality does not ring a bell, it must have blown directly past me. At any rate, this second album is a thorough display of the band's ability to mesh death and thrash metal with some touches of good old guitar shred.

Much of the death metal comes directly from Vommbath's vocals, carrying a brutal edge to them not unlike countrymen Vader or Dies Irae. The music itself is some pretty technical thrashing metal, occasionally bordering on a frenzy similar to Theory in Practice or Gory Blister (you know, that latter-day style of Death sounding progressive tech metal). The riffs are interesting enough to follow without becoming labyrinthine in their complexity. I enjoyed some of the choppier tracks such as "Apprehensive Respect", "Sleeping in Flame" and the excellent "Sonderkommando" with an amazing speed picked bridge riff dowsed in amazingly timed chugs.

This is all delivered in a razor edge mix, loud on the guitars but not enough that you can't make out anything else. They really are the feature here anyway, though the drumming is likewise impressive. I guess the simplest comparison I can make with this album is to imagine a speedier, tech thrash answer to Vader. Sound like sex? Then you will definitely enjoy this.

-autothrall

A very pleasing release. - 85%

Tricephalos, June 3rd, 2009

Vedonist’s The World Of Reversed Decalogue: A pretty solid album.

I checked this album out because I am a huge fan of technical death metal, and I heard this album was chock full of wailing drums, flailing fingers, and exhaling vocals.

And it’s true, the album certainly does not disappoint.
The first song kicks things in to high gear immediately. No slow, acoustic intro that you hear starting off so many albums today. The first song hits you immediately with double bass on the drums, and a very technical harmonized riff on the guitars, and then it kicks it up a notch and just goes crazy for the remainder of the song.

Not much changes throughout the entire album. You are treated to a guitar solo in almost every song. But the solos aren’t constantly wankery, and although they might not always sound perfectly in key, they are powerful and extremely well placed.

The vocalist isn’t a turn off either, like I find most tech death vocalists to be. Think of his style as a sort of Vader mixed with Hate Eternal. He’s low, he’s fast, and he’s effective.

There really isn’t too much to complain about in this album. If you’re looking for a killer technical death metal album, this one will not disappoint. It has everything you would normally look for, while meshing musicality and technicality without being obnoxious.