Amazing debut release! - 100%

Bitz, February 5th, 2007

This album is amazing! This album has it all, pristine production, stellar musicanship, and some of the best song writing I have ever heard. Reviewing this album on a song by song basis is pointless because there are so many riffs that it would be quite a task. Also I'm still trying to take it all in. However, don't let this discourge you from listening to it. The more you listen to it, the better it becomes. The percussion on this album has it all, a wide array of blastbeats, a ton of sick fills, and some really nice cymbal work. The vocals are constantly shifting between growls, shouts, screams, and snarls. This vocal diversity is exactly what the band needed to complete their sound. The guitars and bass are very dark and heavy, but still very technical. When I say techincal I don't mean that over the top wank that can become tiresome after a while. They seem to flow well with the songs and accent certain parts very nicely. There are some parts of the songs that are very melodic and almost relaxing. I think this contrast to the really chaotic stuff makes this album a really fun listen. Tempo shifts are plentiful on this release, before you know it they are on to something else. Sometimes the changes are sharp and other times they are more subtle. Again, very well crafted songs. Each song tends to evolve very nicely, and there is almost no repetition. This makes for a very repeat friendly listen. I really have nothing to complain about for this album. Influences range from Immolation, Crytopsy, Gorguts, DEP, and Messhugah just to name a few. This is a must have for any fan of tech death! So if you haven't already, make sure to pick up a copy of this one!