Mixed Bag Doesn't Do TS Justice - 60%

CraiggyOats, August 18th, 2007

Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It And Other Hits is another Flashback Records release. I think this one is not such a great compilation because the song selection is a bit poor. Leader of the Pack, Lookin’ Out for #1, and Out on the Streets don’t belong on here. Even though the Out on the Streets and Lookin’ Out for #1 are decent, this is greatest hits compilation, not a decent songs compilation. Bad Boys of Rock ‘N’ Roll is pretty decent and is from Under the Blade, a great album, but there are better songs from that album.

Where is Burn in Hell, Under the Blade, or any of the other material from the first three TS albums? I know that Flashback Records only have ten songs per CD but they could have taken off about half about the songs and replaced them with better ones. The only songs that definitely belong on here are We’re Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Rock, The Price, You Can’t Stop Rock ‘N’ Roll, Stay Hungry, and Tear it Loose. That still leaves room for four other songs.

WNGTI, and I Wanna Rock are of course the two famous anthems of rebellion and actually belong on here. The Price is a great ballad. YCSRNR is a great 80s heavy metal number. It’s one of TS’s heaviest and fastest songs. Stay Hungry is a great mid-paced heavy song. Tear it Loose is another great, speedy number like YCSRNR.

Overall, I can’t recommend this compilation. It doesn’t have enough great songs because of the poor song -selection. They should have ignored all the post-Stay Hungry material. You’re better off just buying the first three Twisted Sister albums and probably Still Hungry as well, the rerecorded version of Stay Hungry.