Twisted Sister wants to rock! - 90%

cyclone, October 14th, 2004

Stay Hungry definitely deserves to be Twisted Sister's best known album. Sick motherfuckers from NY did a great job to promote heavy metal, with good or bad stuff, and the props mostly go to this album. From cover art to videos, they managed to shock glam metal fans all over USA and the world. Err, no, Twisted Sister aren't glam metal. At least Stay Hungry isn't. Don't mind the image, TS music is pure sick heavy metal. And what of an heavy metal it is.

I saw Twisted Sister live this year. It probably doesn't get much better that listening to tunes from Stay Hungry live. So, as you all know, I Wanna Rock and We're Not Gonna Take It are from this one. Both are well known anthems with great ''metal way of life'' lyrics, neat solos, great riffing and well... you know. Dee Snider. He is a great frontman and he does great on Stay Hungry too. The opener (title track) is also damn cool. Borders speed metal, has a nice catchy chorus and it's very memorable.

Burn In Hell is probably the best song on here, along with I Wanna Rock. Nice opening riff, great verses, neat guitar leads. OMG and there comes the part. See no evil, hear no evil... Unforgettable.

Horror-Teria is sort of an downer but it's still decent. Well, The Price could be the only glam song on here. It has that tone and stuff. And yes, it's a ballad. But it's good! Nice memorable chorus and a well done solo. Don't Let Me Down has a great riff althroughout the song. Nice one.

The Beast is the worst song on here. It's also the slowest and quite boring on times.

S.M.F. is the closer and it's nicely done. Stands for Sick Motherfucker, btw.
It's a concert closer also.

So, if you dig heavy metal with nuts, you will like this. Buy it just for Burn In Hell and I Wanna Rock if not for the others.