A good appendix - 88%

belegur13, April 27th, 2011

"Eparistera Daimones" is a perfect debut album (in my opinion), and this EP is a good way to complete the experience. While the songs at first didn't grab me the way the main album tracks did, over time they have grown on me, and I find them in the same league as their ED counterparts.

"Shatter" is a great opener, with a memorable chorus, and a haunting, gothic feel that drives the song with a subdued menace. Because of its resonant mood, it's not difficult to understand why this is the main song for the EP. The video is also worth checking out.

"I Am The Twilight" is more of a trundling doom song that reminds me of "Abyss Within My Soul", although with a less varied musical direction and repetitive riffs; still, the lyrics and vocals are pretty cool, and there are good guitar solos and violin work. Despite feeling overlong, it isn't a bad song at all, just one that might classify as a slow burner.

"Crucifixus" is background music, simply put. The remastering for the EP makes it sound good, but I view it more as an interlude between the previous songs and the live tracks. Said live tracks are excellent, and make me want to be in the crowd. Hearing "Circle of the Tyrants" brings back memories of seeing Celtic Frost live years ago, and it sounds as good here as it did then. "Dethroned Emperor" is quite powerful, and Nocturno Culto's vocals do the song justice; there's a fantastic symmetry there.

Overall, if you were a fan of "Eparistera Daimones", then "Shatter" is worth getting, but on its own is worth listening to as well.