TOXIC THRASH METAL!!!!! - 96%

lakebodom36, September 5th, 2008

I am a relatively new fan of this band so I have not heard much of their earlier material so I don’t know how this measures up to the previous two releases but what I do know is that this album totally slays.

One thing that I know improved is the drumming. On the previous albums, the drumming was incredibly simplistic because Joel was stuck as the drummer. This new guy is really solid and can easily match the speed of the riffs but also adds some nice fills.

The guitar work is as always, insane. Joel is a thrash god and knows how to create some truly awesome thrash riffs. They can be brutal and heavy but at the same time, they're also quite catchy so the riffs strike a balance between heavy and melodic.

One thing I noticed is that many of the riffs have a certain old school rock n roll feel to them. This is definitely a plus because these are usually the riffs that rock the hardest. For example the one in “Gravelord” at roughly one minute in. Another plus is that the bass is clearly heard. I can't stand bands that drown out the bass player because a lot of times, bass can be rad, like in this album for example.

The lyrics are actually quite good and my favorite would without doubt be the ones in "Wild Dogs" The album cover is totally sick and portrays some radioactive wolves. Come on! It doesn't get much more metal than that.

If you're digging the thrash revival or are a fan of old school thrash and have some extra coin on you, this album is recommended. In my opinion, it’s easily one of the best metal albums of 2008.