Fucking insane - 100%

Schwarzesblut, September 2nd, 2008

This album, while not being quite a "new" Toxic Holocaust, completely fufilled my expectations. Very aggressive and a more rock and roll feel give this album a new sound, but still the same Toxic Holocaust at its core. I am also glad to hear better production and more varied drum work on this release, not that there was anything wrong with these things on the previous two albums, but it gives it a much better sound.

First I will say that this album, without all of the extra shit, is absolutely amazing in both songwriting and overall riffs. While I actually enjoyed Hell on Earth more than Evil Never Dies, I must say that this album's strong tracks best almost every song on both of these albums (Save some of the classics like "666"). The lyrics are also great as they have always been, hehe.

As mentioned before, the production on this album is also a big step up from the previous two. It has much more bass added and creates some great shit for this album. The guitar sounds killer, the new drummer rips, and Joel's vocals sound more full. This is definitely a new sound while still retaining most of what made Toxic Holocaust what it is.

If you enjoy either of the previous full-lengths, I have no doubt that you will enjoy this. While I can't necessarily say that it is my favorite Toxic Holocaust album yet, I can definitely say that it is at least as good as anything Joel has done before.