Purely excellent! A must have!! - 98%

Gortician, December 9th, 2003

Thunderbolt:
After quite an annoying, not to mention unnessacary intro, Thunderbolt kick off the action with the excellent "Shadows of the deepest night", pretty much giving you an insight to their chosen style of music, which seems to be in the same league as Early Emperor, Mid era Bathory and the like, maybe a small dose of Dissection in there too(on their albums, not the demo's). The second song is also a killer, and my favourite for Thunderbolt on this. There is not one moment of Thunderbolt here that I can say I did not enjoy (minus the worthless and pointless intro). Another brilliant song here is "Moonglare".
Kataxu:
Opening up here with (yet) another intro, thankfully has more of a purpose, it is a great ambient synth piece that I quite like alot. "My name from the forest" is next, and this, my friends, is what I call a masterpiece!!! This is one of the most brilliant pieces of black metal I have ever heard, unless you have heard it there is no way you can possibly understand how utterly great it is!!!
Quite a lengthy one too, which is always good in this case.The title track "Roots thunder" is also quite an excellent example of Kataxu's ability to make fine metal, and yet another lengthy one too, clocking in at just under 12 minutes. Sadly, out of the 5 Kataxu tracks, only 2 of them I would actually call "metal", but this does not mean the others are bad, its just that the metal Kataxu does write is fucking brilliant and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that a bit more metal and a little less ambient would be appreciated