Different Kinds Of Death Metal Here! Good!! - 85%

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8, February 19th, 2008

“I hope will find this comfortable”.

This is the hilarious intro to this very good piece of furious death metal. Actually Thorium plays different kinds of death metal, from the American one to the Swedish, always being quite original and catchy. So prepare yourselves to be annihilated by the unexpected blast beats like in “Crest For War” or find more Swedish guitar parts (“Abomination OF God”).

The production is not clean like in Swedish tradition but not even dirty, it’s more obscure and really as heavy as a stone. They achieved the goal of recording very catchy songs with an high dose of brutality. “Crypt Of Chaos” reminded me early Deicide while “Impaled” is more grindish with the endlessly sung refrain. The vocals are great, always growly but comprehensible with very sick peaks.

“Betrayed By God” has all the elements to be considered a true Swedish one, very similar to The Duskfall sound with some excellent, not too exposed melodies. “Countless To Die” is fucking heavy with a panzer intro and lots of stop’n’go. Brutal. “Desecrating The Graves” is pure blasphemy in music; the following “Dawn Of Flames” is pure melodic death metal! Check out the beginning made of tapping melodies on the guitars.

The excellent and faster Deicide cover, “Lunatic Of God Creation”, played with the same malevolence and blasphemy, ends a good death metal album. Recommended for those who are not stuck in a singular death influence. For all tastes, in this genre obviously.

Another not bad LP - 82%

Sportswear, March 14th, 2004

The intro is hilarious. But, anyway. The moment it drops, yeah, it's fucking good shit. Very fast, great roaring voice and brilliant drumming. All fits perfectly. Brilliant guitaring, actually. Fucking EXCELLENT vocals just past the 2 minute mark on the first track, "Crest For War", with a great solo to follow.
Wow, the intro to the next track "Abomination Of God" is not really what you expected, still fucking fast though, just goes better than you expect it to. The changes in riff work, groove and tempo is quite impeccable. And I am glad to hear there are no gay singing parts. Nor pointless and boring melodies. But, still the cliche, boring solos here and there. Doesn't spoil it though, so it's cool.
Every song starts differently, which is INSTANTLY a great sign. The music is great, but they are lucky the vocalist is competent, cause the amount of thrash bands that are totally spoilt by the weak vocals, so I must credit the vocals, though nothing outstanding.
Great scream on the title song and maybe one of my favourite songs of the LP.
Maybe there are certain parts to this CD I would speed up a bit, or make the changes faster, tighter etc.. But, all in all, not bad at all.
Check this shit.