Meh.. - 75%

DMhead777, October 28th, 2008

I have always loved The Haunted. The Dead Eye was a masterpiece and I knew it was going to be tough to top that. I still had hopes for The Haunted, because bands recently have been trying to get back to their roots. I bought the regular edition and popped it in.

I heard Moronic Colossus on myspace and said, "Wow, this new album is going to be really good". I dig that song, but as I listened to the album, it seemed that was the only song that stood out. Now, I don't want to be one of those people who hates an album because every song sounds the same. But, that is fact on this album. No songs stand out. Every song besides Moronic Colossus is the same as the song before it. This album reminded me of a Meshuggah album more then anything because Meshuggah likes to do those albums that just have one track on it, 40 minutes long.

But in defense of my previous paragraph, this is not a bad album. It's a typical Haunted album. It's very fast paced, it's got somewhat catchy riffs and Dolving does what he is meant to do in the band.

I wouldn't really recommend this album. An album to recommend would be The Dead Eye, but this is nothing special. No songs stand out and there are only two songs on the album I could listen over and over.

Song Recommendations: Moronic Colossus and Ceremony.