Not bad but I could live without it. - 78%

megafury, October 5th, 2003

It's not that the album is horrible, it's just not anything mindblowing. This album is one of the better gothenburg metal bands, there's so many mediocre ones coming out that bore me.

They got a couple catchy tunes but they need more to makes this album worthwhile. With their more agressive heavier tracks, you could really hear a close resemblance to Slayer but just with a more hardcore/metalcore voice.

I've noticed, gothenburg melodic death and melodic hardcore/metalcore, are getting close. So many metalcore bands list In Flames, Soilwork, and Haunted as influences like Atreyu, From Autumn to Ashes, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage etc.

Hollow Ground is my favorite song here, nice catchy tune, a little singing thrown in, and a pretty good solo at the end. I like the song Trespass too, it's their more melodic side instead of their 'attempt at Slayer' side. All their thrash songs almost all sound the same with a few little changes in pace.

I know this melodic death stuff is hated by metalheads, just as much as nu-metal, but if you want to hear the best gothenburg melodic metal has to offer, this Haunted album is a good start.