Very Solid Album - 70%

Madman, November 22nd, 2002

Well, what we have here is a very solid sophomore effort from The Haunted (an offspring of the At the Gates break up). This album isn't too different from a lot of albums coming out of the Gothenburg area, as it's the melodic death/thrash that everyone's heard by now, but it does have strong songwriting and great musicianship.

The album starts off with the killer intro "Dark Intentions" which is awesome thrash and then goes into "Bury Your Dead" which I can honestly say will tear your head off. The rest of the album is for the most part in the same vein except there are quite a few mid-paced songs with some well thought out melodies coming into play. Some highlights aside from the two previously mentioned songs are "Revelation", "The World Burns", and "Victim Iced".

This album is quite good and I pull it out from time to time but is it really worth a purchase? I can honestly say that I don't know as the album doesn't really stand out in my collection and there's a good chance that it won't in yours, but if you are big into thrash and gothenburg metal than I would say that it would be a good idea to atleast give the album a try before you write it off.