One of THE best live albums. EVER. - 90%

Ktulu, January 15th, 2003

This one is a fucking beast.

I could leave it at that, but I'll elaborate. First of all the track selection is fantastic. So many classics, and pretty much a best of. The only thing I can say is I'd like to see a little more attention payed to Practice What You Preach, as only the title track appears. But Testament seems to practically ignore that album these days, so I suppose I should count myself lucky. The sound quality is also excellent. To hear all the ol' thrashers bolstered in the live environment like this is just too great for words. Gone is the tinny, treble-y signature early Testament sound. Songs like "The New Order", "Alone in the Dark" and "Apocalyptic City" practically rip your head off.

Yep, the boys are definitely in fine form on this one. Super tight, super heavy, soaring vocals, crunching guitars -- all the good stuff. And the three accoustic numbers at the end of the disc are nice, too. Quite beautiful, really. It just goes to show that a bunch of loud obnoxious assholes can be sweet and sensitive, too. ;)