It drags on... - 53%

Stoom, March 24th, 2007

I like drone metal. I'm going to say that first before I review this album. Bands like Sunn O))), Earth, Khanate, Asva, etc. are amazing. Bands like Teeth of the Lion Rule the Divine, are not so great.

This album, although only consisting of three tracks, seems like you got caught in and endless abyss. Every song just takes forever, whether I hear a good riff or not, after about 16 repetitions, I just want it to stop. I like the bands the members come from (Sunn O))), Burning Witch, Cathedral) but this band, is blah. It's so boring it's not even slightly amusing.

He Who Accepts All That Is Offered (Feel Bad Hit Of The Winter) is possibly the most boring drone song I have ever heard. It is half an hour of pure, unfiltered monotony. It just puts you to sleep, whether it's the intended effect or not, it's not the good, dreamy kind of sleep. It's sleep out of pure desperation. It's sleep out of pure boredom. That's the effect of this song. I don't want to hear three riffs repeated over, over, over, over, over, over, over, over, and over again.

The next two songs are basically the first song, only about six minutes shorter. I hear absolutely no difference between The Smiler, New Pants and Shirt, and He Who Accepts All That Is Offered. None, nada, zero.

This album, well it's quite mediocre. I've heard better drone, and if you want to start with the unholy, depressing, genre that is drone metal, don't think twice about this album. Pick out a Sunn O))) album instead. It's way more evil and more enjoyable.