Entertaining grind with something for everyone - 78%

Muloc7253, February 12th, 2009

The full title of this album is 'Disgorging Guttural Regurgitations of Dismembered Disembowelment and Efflivious Visceral Entrail Secretions With a Side of Emaciated Malignant Lymphatic Putrescence, a Glass of Ensanguined Malodorous Discharge to Drink, and Coagulated Pustular Rectal Seepage for Dessert (With a Cherry on Top)'. You could either expect this to be ridiculously over-the-top extremely brutal, or annoying hipster 'funny grind', although it's neither. However, if the title does link to the music in some way, the whole album does sound like a complete overview of death metal and grindcore presented in a fun little package.

Tard pretty much cover the whole map. There's chugging, groove riffs, blast beats, melodic riffs, guttural, throaty screeches, pinch harmonics, dischordant riffing, bits that sound death metal, bits that sound grindcore. It sounds a lot like an album that were signed to Comatose so that they could be a good representative to outsiders of all the different styles Comatose cover. I wouldn't really say that it's on the same level of quality as Corpulate or some of the other great Comatose bands, but it's still kinda cool. I tend to like the guttural, more brutal parts better I think. When the throaty screeches and atonal, dissonant riffing comes in I tend to get less excited. They're not really bad but I'm just not really into that style so much, at least they're used sporadically as a way to build intensity and never come off as excrutiatingly annoying like Cling to the Trees of a Forest Fire or Psyopus.

It's nice and short aswell, so it's a win as far as I'm concerned and even though it's not an extreme metal classic it's still a fun album that's enjoyable when it's on.