Great Album - 100%

guitr_freek, April 12th, 2009

I'd like to start off by saying I didn't really want to give this album a numerical rating, because I think rating an album based on numbers or grades is just nonsense. Albums are either, great, good, mediocre, etc.

This album definitely shows Ohmura's more melodic sense of playing, and I definitely appreciate it. This can be illustrated through his song "Every Time". Right from the intro riff, I was hooked in. Why? That one riff showed so much emotion that I had to continue listening until the end of the song, and he didn't disappoint, especially with the solo near the end of the song. "Every Time" was definitely my favorite song on that album. However, it wasn't his only good one. All of the songs were great and deserve to be praised.

Takayoshi Ohmura is a virtuoso who deserves more fame, but doesn't get it. I'm sure in Japan, he's considered a God, but here in America; he's most likely a nobody with all the people I know.

Bottom-line, this album shows technical prowess, great melody, and that it's just plain kickass. I recommend it to any metal lover out there.