The gem of 80s glam metal! - 99%

IWP, July 31st, 2008

I've heard alot of talk about fellow Norwegian band, TNT on glamrock.com. So I've decided to give them a listen. Since this was their most popular album, I've decided to start off with this album. Man, was I blown away by the awesomeness of this album. This has to be the best glam metal album of all time, or at least from what I've heard so far. It even beats Motley Crue's Shout At the Devil, and that was one hell (haha get it?) of an awesome album. I don't see anything wrong with this album, it's pretty much flawless. That is if you are into the style of course.

First of all, the singer's voice is amazing. He's pretty much the big-haired version of Bruce Dickenson/Rob Halford. He has such high vocal range, and he sounds so emotional as well. He pretty much makes Tony Kakko (Sonanta Arctica) seem emotionless. He's one hell of a singer, and he even pulls of falsetto very well without sounding annoying like the guy from Nitro. The other memebers pull their weight as well. The guitarists can solo like crazy, and they pull off some pretty damn catchy riffs.

The best songs would have to be the hits Everyone's a Star, 10,000 Lovers in One, as well as As Far As the Eye Can See, and especially Listen To your Heart with that emotional yet still fun sounding chorus. Hell, even the two ballads, Child's Play and Northern Lights are pulled off perfectly. Hell, there really isn't a single song on here that isn't worthy of mention. As I said before, this album is pretty much flawless.

If I could compare this band to any two bands, it would have to be Europe meets Poison. It has the emotional feel of Europe, yet also has the fun side of Poison which go together perfectly. I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone who isn't a fan of 80s metal/hard rock, but if you like Poison, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Europe, or pretty much any glam metal band form the 80s, you will absolutely love this album. It's a flawless glam metal album, and thus it is certainly worth seeking out. This is an underrated album form an underrated band. Why I didn't know about this band sooner, I'll never know.