Pure Evil - 98%

nvathron, January 12th, 2008

Swastyka's "Prophecies of the Aryan Moon" demo is an unbelievable piece of black metal history in my eyes. I can remember asking around in regards to violent sounding work of black metal and coming across this work about two years ago. Still to this day and through all the demos, full lengths, and endless amounts of blackened sounds, I have yet find a work as dominant and evil as this one.

The "Intro" slides in with low and high orchestrated keyboard sounds. You can definitely sense the NS vibe in even the first couple seconds. Imagining tanks pressing through human life and existence. Nazi Germany in control of the world and praising to their Aryan brothers with great pride.

"Prophecies of Aryan Moon" opens with a few kicks and then pure hatred exposed through violent rhythm based guitars. What makes this song so amazing, in my eyes, is the drummer and vocalist. The drummer sounds relentless in his pursuit of immortality. Though effects might of been used (hard to tell), the vocalist's low toned screams are some of the most hateful ones I have heard in the NSBM genre. The song has an incredible breakdown towards the end of this nightmarish work. 13 minutes and 54 seconds of absolute terror.

"Det Som Engang Var" is the final work of the demo. A Burzum cover it is and rightfully so judging by the overall feeling you gather from the band's sound. It is done very well and professionally. I almost murdered a man after listening to Swastyka's version of this song in my car.

In conclusion, the demo is pure art yet the future work's of Swastyka in transition to Sunwheel were not quite as violent sounding and unsettling. Still overall though, this is an amazing NS band. Do not pass a listen of this up.

A decent first release - 70%

Nicodemix, October 23rd, 2004

I'll admit it. I bought this for the Burzum cover. Not surprisingly it was the best track on the demo. Sadly, the title track "Prophecies of An Aryan Moon" can't really hold up to the Burzum cover.

The intro to the demo caught me off guard. It is a short orchestrated piece that is well written and nicely put down to tape. It fits in well with an epic feel which I believe that Swastyka was attempting to accomplish.

"Prophecies of an Aryan Moon" is pretty much standard fare NS Black Metal. Not really much that distinguishes it particularly. Given typical blastbeats, a growl-ish vocal style and moderate use of synth which complements the music rather than detracts from it. You get 14 minutes of this and then its over. We now move onto Det Som Engang Var, its obviously a cover of the Burzum masterpiece. Sadly for Swastyka, their cover of Det Som Engang Var far surpasses their own song on the demo. The cover will never be as good as the original, but it is done well with good taste and attempts (although does not completely succeed) to preserve the atmosphere of the original recording.

Considering that this is a demo, it's very well done. It is just unfortunate that they decided to cover Det Som Engang Var, because it makes their own work seem far lesser when directly contrasted to the greatest piece of music ever written.

The Legend of Aryan Moon - 75%

Wolfgard, October 8th, 2003

What is it with this Aryan Moon that Polish NSBM bands seem to adore. Especcially bands like Swastyka , Kataxu and Thunderbolt have used this Legend in their lyrical themes.

This is the first demo from this Polish National Socialistic Black Metal band.
This demo contains two songs that are written and composed by Swastyka and a cover song of the Burzum classic: "Det Som En Gang Var".

The intro is very nice, an orchestral piece of work. But the most important song is the title song: "Prophecies of Aryan Moon" . Here we can hear how the band Swastyka sounds. And actually I wasn't too suprised when it all sounded okay. The production is underground but acceptable and the music is raw and fast with slower melodic pieces. The vocals are excellent. High screams are telling us about a dark army of Aryan Warriors that has woke up and will take back what's theirs. Nice lyric, only I still have problems with all the national socialistic influences. When a band wants to be National Socialistic , that's not my problem , there is freedom of speech but it can be a bit tempered...since I do not really like the fact about being a political band and I am not a fan of the NS ideology. It's the music that does matters and that's sounding very nice, fast stomping drums, blazing guitar riffs and on some slower pieces a gently sounding keyboard.

The cover of Burzum is quite okay, but it's not a masterpiece. Det Som En Gang Var will always stay a Burzum song and no one will be able to do it better. Because of the atmosphere and sound.

To cut a long story short, it's a nice demo, no masterpiece, just quite okay.
I am looking forward to new material of this band that is now named Sunwheel.