The only album I ever returned to the store.... - 2%

Antikrist, March 16th, 2004

This is probably my least favorite metal album ever. As I said in the title, every metal album I ever bought or downloaded, even though there were some I wasn't too fond of, I never deleted or got rid of them. This one, I went through hell with just to get back to the store (I actually spent an hour rewrapping it just right so the store would think it was never used) and used the credit to get Bob Dylan CD for my mom.

This is just plain awful. It's nothing more than noise with screaming. Any Pantera fans know about "Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills"? This is like a whole album full of it. And don't think I'm saying this because it's just too brutal for me. I enjoy Deicide, Napalm Death, Carcass, Anaal Nathrakh, and many other more brutal bands. The difference between them and this is that with those bands their riffs have some musical quality. This sounds like just random power chords with Phil just screaming "AAAAHHHOOOOOAAAAAAAAHOOOAAAAAAAHHHH" at the top of his lungs. I can't believe that Phil Anselmo deserted Pantera and Down, two excellent and credible bands, for this. There is absolutely no creativity in it, and it's not some sort of psychadelic sound or even a hint of psychadelic-ness in it as many drug-driven albums are. Please avoid this album at all costs. I am very open minded to most things, I can enjoy anything from old Micheal Jackson to Disavowed, but not this. I'd choose any of the other "magnificent failure" albums over this...St. Anger, Bringer Of Blood (that's Six Feet Under for those who don't know), both 10000 times better than this crap.

Use Once And Destroy had a couple nice songs on it that made it tolerable, this has absolutely nothing.