Simply wonderful... - 100%

Evilbone, October 6th, 2005

“Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame” is the fifth full-length album released by the Austrian 2-man band Summoning. It’s hard to say if you can call this pure Black Metal or not, but what’s for sure is that this album is simply fantastic and that it’s one of the most beautiful albums ever released in history. A few years ago I didn’t really like Metal bands that used keyboards, I used to think that they just don’t fit into Metal music. But then I discovered Summoning and my view concerning the usage of keyboards in Metal totally changed. Summoning’s music is completely keyboard based, the keyboards are even more important than the guitars and the vocals, which is pretty rare for a Metal band.
For me, this album is just perfect. It couldn’t have been done any better. Silenius and Protector are able to create an absolutely amazing atmosphere. While listening to this, I somehow come into a dream world, because the melodies are so beautiful and epic. And then, when the album is over, I “wake up” again and sadly realize that my life is not only dedicated to Summoning. A few parts on this album are so fantastic that they send chills down my spine everytime I listen to them. The lyrics are mostly Tolkien-oriented but on this album they also got inspired by other authors for the first time. The vocals are well-done and the guitar riffs are very good too, but like I said before, not so important on this album. The production is ok. The sound quality is not 100% crystal clear, but it doesn’t matter at all. This is still an album that everybody should get, I can only recommend it. It’s one of my all-time favourites and definitely worth owning. I give it 100%.