Killer epic speed metal...no filler found here!! - 98%

smille76, December 11th, 2004

This is truly a great album. Really. Let me explain.

I remember back in 1986 hearing great metal albums for the first time definitely gave a lasting impression on me. I was quite fond of the European speed metal scene, especially all the good stuff that was coming from Germany (Helloween, Running Wild). These guys sound exactly like they are from this era.

We are talking about fast, no hold barred, german speed metal (think about WoJ-era Helloween, but with more riffs and agression). The songs are mostly fast paced, with thundering double-kicks drums, tightly woven dual-guitar harmonies and nice agressive vocals, clear and with a lot of range. The talent is definitely there, the solos simply shreds, great performance overall. The production by Kai Hansen is crisp and powerful, but not to polished; it gives a vintage feel to the music.

Their main strength is to write great songs with memorable hooks, that will remain in your memory only after 2-3 listens. I can't find a single fault with this record. Yes this stuff has been done before. It is not overly original, but these guys do it with so much enthusiasm you are forced to bow to the greatness of their work here. Get this album pronto, even if you will probably have to mailorder it.

Best tracks: Signe of The Warlorde, Sons of Steele, The Axewielder, Thunderer....all the rest are great too!!