Arise!! - 100%

Riven, June 3rd, 2004

Sepultura are my favorite band of all time and Im fuckin happy to see that they're improving very fast with Derrick and I'm sure that they''ll be totally awesome on their upcoming cds (they kick Soulfly's ass anyway :)) This DVD simply kills.

The first part is a gig from Arise tour - their best, most perfect and beautiful record (one of the best metal records ever). First the setlist - its crazy!! All my favorite songs are there (except of Subtraction and Meaningless movements :(( ), including incredible Altered State. And the all-time classics like Arise, Inner Self, Troops of Doom, Beneath the remains...actually, there's no point in enlisting my favorite tracks here, because they all kick ass :D

The quality is outstanding. Frankly, it may seem that it was recorded yesterday! The sound is extremely sharp and heavy - and so are the visuals. What I like most about the visual part of the video is how Sepultura act on stage - its AWESOME!! When I see what Max does now with Assholefly - just standing in front of the mic and playing those powerchords... Its just incomparable! Headbanging, jumping, even destruction of the instruments - its all there. The band is having fun and you can see that they are very close to their audience. What is more - they play very accurate - even Max who now got numb as a guitarist, is playing his parts with great focus while
giving his best on stage at the same time! Everything is great - vocals, solos, drums, bass... Jawdropping video.

The second part contains some less known songs like Policia played live, all
the videos from Chaos A.D. and pretty cool interviews with the band. Being
a fanatic of Sepultura's music, I enjoyed this part especially, but it contains
some cool live footage for everyone.

"We are what we are" is a set of clips from Roots cd with some comments about them. Nothing really special, but the quality is very good as well and this videos are fun to watch.

All in all - the first part itself gives this rating, but the remaing two do not disapoint and just can't change the mark. If you're not a die-hard Sepultura fun, decrease this rating by, say, 5%. It's an awesome performance for every
metalhead.

Over 3 hours of pure Art!! - 97%

keeperoflamu, January 8th, 2003

I love every Sepultura productions before "Roots", with that one the band has lost the direction they had given to the whole thrash metal genre, on the contrary, with "Roots", they have begun to be more ethnic and make more "open mind" music!
The main menu contains three submenus:
In the first we have the best live show they could give us, I' m referring to "Under Siege", live in Barcelona, a real piece af the "Arise" tour, supporting the best (for me) Sepultura album ever!!!
Totally impressive performance, with the most beautiful songs of the band, drawn from the first to the last work!!
The second is "Third World Chaos", that contains all the videos of the band, from "Innerself" (Beneath the Remains), to "Slave New World" (Chaos A.D.), and some live videos where the band has played some covers and "Kaiowas" with all the members beating the drums.
The third part is "We Are What We Are", the last VHS, containing the three videos drawn from "Roots".... obviously this "little" mole prevents me from giving a full 100/100 rating, I don' t like the album very much and hate particularly "Ratamahatta", that didn' t merit the carrying out of a video.... however, this is all the material with the "classic" line-up, and it would be a real crime to not have it completely!!!!!
The DVD is sown with various interviews (that you can skip, because each interview is a trace).
Buy this masterpiece, cost what it may!