© 2002-2015

Four intellectual symphonies as keys to energy - 92%

kluseba, September 1st, 2011

As Senmuth's first epic albums with overlong tunes entitled "Evolution: Exodus" was a rather calm, hypnotizing and often honestly said boring record, I didn't expect very much from his new epic output about the harmonious beginnings of the world's beginning. While this album is very calm and introspective, there is though a lot of diversity, creativity and genius to find in here and Senmuth got me once more by surprise. This album is easily amongst his strongest records.

I really like the calm, floating and dreamy interludes and closing minutes of the songs. I also adore the fact that each track has a very distinctive sound. I'm happy about the fact that Senmuth worked in a minimalistic manner but chose only his best melodies to slowly develop them and progress them towards a majestic perfection as every single small variation is really thought out.

The first three tracks sound like monumental symphonies with majestic keyboard passages that remind me in their best and lightest moments of Tangerine Dream in "The First Key Of A Harmonious Component: Light" and in their bleakest and most gripping moments of instrumentals written by The Vision Bleak as it can be heard in "The Third Key Of A Harmonious Component: Sacral Geometry".

The last four songs have more ethno and world music influences. They can include majestic female chants like in "Khas Koo Ahn" or even some folk passage that could come from Scotland or Ireland and might musically accompany some old pirate tales like in "Shree Ann".

Senmuth is very creative and diversified in here and the long running times of the songs allow the melodies to develop, to become philosophical and truly intense the more one listens to this album. You need some patience, concentration and time to get an open mind for this album but it is way more accessible as "Evolution: Exodus" was and this strong grower already impressed me at first sight and sound.

In the end, this album is not only an excellent background music or would be a perfect soundtrack to any ethnic documentary movie but is also overall one of his best experiments and worth to get your time and attention. It's not his most original work as we have already heard some of his influences in many albums before but the record is so precise, intelligent and worked out that this component almost doesn't matter anymore. There is not much metal about this record, it is in fact completely absent of heavy guitars and similar instruments. Any fan of progressive new age music with some electronic influences and loads of creativity should get well entertained, surprised and completely absorbed by this great record, though.