Made for a mix CD - 81%

OSheaman, September 29th, 2003

I've been having a thing for Folk Metal lately, so I thought I would chime in on this unfortunately little-known Folk Metal band from the Fatherland.

This is one of those bands that, when you first listen to it, sounds like the coolest idea ever to hit the planet Earth. And they really are a great idea. But as you continue to listen to them, the novelty wears off quickly, and the sound soon begins to get repetitive and dull. All of the songs on here are mostly bagpipe solos with drumming in the background, and while this is catchy and interesting at first, it gets old really quickly.

Solution? Burn one fo the songs onto a mix CD along with some of your other metal tunes. It'll fit right in, and it'll be interesting enough to last the entire song, but not long enough to get repetitive. Rinse and repeat as neccessary. I would recommend burning the title track; it's extremely catchy, and all of your friends (assuming you have any, you kvlt metalhead, you) will go nuts when they hear the cool bagpipe playing to the rhythm of a fairly solid drum sound.

And then move onto another song. Maybe some Emperor or something. That would flow really well.