Sacrament's supposed "Opus" - 75%

TiredOfBeingAlive, June 24th, 2007

I'm no fan of Christian bands (ex. As I Lay Dying, Underoath, bands like that), but these guys are slightly different. THEY'RE THRASH! Well...sort of, but we'll get to that later. According to ClassicThrash.com, this album is a "minor masterpiece." So you know I had to go check this one out.

When it came in the mail, I was surprised at what I heard. It was actually halfway decent! It was great the first few spins, but after that, it begins to degrade in your mind. The more I listened, the less Thrash I heard and the more Groove I heard. I like Groove every now and then, but that change just seemed to disappoint me, as it wasn't what I was expecting.

The album is actually rather mediocre, but it's nowhere near horrible. Besides the heavily tongue-in-cheek Christian lyrics, which can get very annoying after a while (I'm no Anti-Christian or anything), it's a decent album. It's pretty much it's own brand of Thrash though. If you're looking for some Thrash that is very original, this is an album to get.

I'm only giving it a 75 because well...I know these guys are trying. The musicianship is excellent and the songs are enjoyable. But it's just not my idea of a Thrash masterpiece.

This album is an acquired taste. It's a buy if you're a Christian Thrash fan though.