back then this was kool, now its old news! - 85%

SoulSeekJay, July 15th, 2004

Innovative Metal is what we stand for!

This phrase fits perfectly to this record and with that song Rwake bring something really special.

The band has two vocalists, two guitar players, a bass player and a drummer, together they create a sludgy and doomy Metal mayhem with some wise calm passages. With an average song-length of more than six minutes and an amazing atmosphere Rwake's music becomse a sound-experience!

Beside typical sludge and doom Metal elements with neverending and overrunning melodies, they add to this, heavy staccato guitar riffs and two nagging, shouting singers and they also add very experimental elements, they work with samples and stuff like that.

This stuff never turns into noise or gets on my nerves, and thats a good thing for this type of music. The variation between both singers is what really turns me on!!

The battling between high-pitched screaming and clean singing is just awesome but in my opinion much to rare. More bands should try this approach.

The drum and guitar work is awesome too and technically on a high level. Again a surprisingly good new Metal act, yes I said it NU METAL.
Send hate mail, I will respond!