Topnotch Rotting Christ - 98%

BloodyPhalluses, January 18th, 2005

This album is fuckin awesome.
That's really all that needs to be said. Very evil, heavy, and great production. The bass is so clear, you can hear every note. The vocals are a little too low in the mix, which is really my only complaint. Sakis has an awesome evil voice though, and shrieks, spits, and growls out the lyrics with anger. The lyrics are your standard satanic, evil Rotting Christ lyrics, very well thought out, and I might even say philosophical. There are even some Latin parts (or I think they are latin). Sakis is definitely a great songwriter, and plays the keys on the album as well.

Sanctus Diavolous also features a choir, which adds tons to the music. The great thing about this album is that the keys and the choir aren't overused. They add just the right amount of atmosphere that's needed. Although every song is awesome, I definitely think "Athanati Este" is a standout track. Some great guitar work and melody on this track. Very heavy and rocking, not quite as fast as the others, but it is one kick-ass song.

The dark artwork also reflects the dark atmosphere of the music as well.

Very well done. I own all of Rotting Christ's albums, and this is my favorite.