Vomit Ritual - 98%

goatshit, February 22nd, 2012

In this day in age, it is very rare to find a bestial black metal or war metal band that really presents an original sound while maintaining the traditional style. However, this is not the case with Radioactive Vomit’s “Witchblood” demo. I bought this cassette on a whim because I was intrigued by the artwork. At first, I thought the band name to be a little silly, but I guess the joke’s on me because this demo fucking rips. Six tracks of pure chaotic, relentless, and unforgiving bestial warfuck.

The demo includes everything from fast riffs to heavy riffs and even some D-beat-sounding stuff. The whole thing flows out of the speakers like toxic waste. The demo is fairly short and it is very hard to not continually flip the tape over and over again (the same six tracks are featured on both sides). I recommend this for fans of bestial black metal, war metal, and death metal. Although the music is very original, it is clearly in the vein of bands like Blasphemy, Beherit, Conqueror, and Sadogoat. So far, this is my favorite release of 2012.