Shredding Talent Display - 89%

Demon_of_the_Fall, August 7th, 2003

I can't believe I found this cd used. Who the fuck would sell an amazing cd like this? This is classic metal here boys and girls, no frills heavy goddamn metal with plenty of the most amazing solos i've ever heard. Paul Gilbert is by far my pick for the best guitarist ever, he can do everything and anything. We have an amazing line-up for this band as well, ofcourse as just mentioned Paul Gilbert: All Guitars, Scott Travis (Drum God) from Priest beating the skins, Jeff Martin on Vocals who at times sounds like Halford (or attempts to) and last but not least John Alderete slamming his fingers on his bass. The songs are all highly memorable and rocking. You feel like banging your damn head every single song. Snowball of Doom is on the Shrapnel label (shreddies) which is most known for the label with some of the most talented solo guitarists i.e Marty Friedman, Jason Becker etc. Snowball has some pretty good production for a live cd, i'm quite impressed indeed. These songs sound sometimes almost better than the studio versions, because some have that added live energy. This is really a flawless live album in all regards from some of the most talented musicians on the planet. Songs like 17th moon, Let the Spirit Fly (sounds like Van Halen) haha, and the Classic Street Leathal are bound to leave you begging for more Racer X cds. I know I need more right fucking now. Racer X covers Godzilla on the last track of Snowball and what a job they did, this is a very good version of the BOC song. Evil Joe is a fucking great song as well, but then again just about every song on here is worth a mention of two, because this album is jammed packed with everything a metal fan could want. Amazing Solos, Outstand drumming, tight as hell string slapping, and some very cool singing. I highly recommened Snowball of Doom for any metalheads or Firsttimers to Racer X.
Rockin Fuckin Roll

Best Tracks: 17th Moon, Into the Night, Let the Spirit Fly, Street Leathal, Scarified, Get Away, Evil Joe, Phallic Tractor, Fire of Rock, Godzilla