Get the bunkers ready: the war is about to start. - 90%

Train_of_Consequences, January 6th, 2013

I almost feel ashamed that this is the first review for this. How the fuck did we manage to pass by such a violent release? This probably could be the best thrash album of 2009, along with Kreator's "Hordes of Chaos" and Paradox's "Riot Squad". No wonder why germans are in the top list of every year's rank for metal.

This sole album is what war-thrash should sound like: aggressive, raw and like it was forged in Hell itself. It all starts with "Trommelfeuer", a mid-paced tune with repetitive, yet entertaining riffing all around. Oh, and the mid part.. The solo and the war siren in the mid part might be better than everything that was written that year. Well, ok... Probably not. But it's amazing. One of the highlights, by no doubts.

After you've been shot repeatedly with an AK-47 in the first cut, this teutonic monsters take you again with "The Massacre of Nanking", a slightly slower tune, but again repeating the destructive manners of the first one. Again the soloing here is eargasmic. These guys really know how to play. And I mean THEY REALLY DO.

But what they do after you've been contaminated with these two amazing tracks? Do they slow the pace? Fuck no! They give you yet another massive destruction weapon with "Infernal Death", a fast-as-hell song with a growling pretty much bordering with death metal. In fact, one of the highlights on the whole album is Schweitzer's voice, but we'll get to that later.

The next song on the track list couldn't be more accurately named: "Prelude (Arm for War)", and it's exactly what it is. An acoustic instrumental, calming things down a bit and giving you the chance of taking back your air. It is only there to prepare you for another of the highlights, the title track. However, the song that might be the shiny armored on this one is "It's Time to Fuck (with Hate)". Holy shit! It's not just the sexy moaning on the beginning, or the savage drum work, or the piercing riffing, or the amazing classic rock interlude at the half. It's everything, united in one almost five minute package, pretty much like a grenade ready to explode.

From here, the quality descends just a tiny bit, becoming slightly repetitive on "Death by Torture" and on the epic instrumental "Another Day in Mania", but nevertheless, these two being amazing tracks.

As mentioned before, this album takes a golden star on the lead vocals. They're full of anger and wrath. Schweitzer's voice sounds a little bit like Petroza's own but thicker, darker if you might. The lyrics, as if it's not obvious yet, are all about war, death and such. Pretty much what Sodom's "M-16" did 8 years before, but not focusing on a particular event. The production, as well, is clean and polished. But in a good way: all the instruments are in there, and are audible (the bass work in some tracks is just incredible), but it doesn't sound artificial or canned like some new retro thrash acts out there.

I have to repeat me again in here: this is one the best thrash albums of 2009. It's fresh, but has enough to remind the good old days. It has melody, but it's violent enough to rip your eyeballs out with it's bare hand. It's definitely a must get it.

The only thing that I don't get is the "hidden track" at about 14:30 on the last cut: an 8-bit tune of "Infernal Death". This is supposed to be on YouTube, for amusement of fans, but... What the hell! It makes a wicked ringtone so, granted.

If you could get your hands on this, don't ever let it go. It's amazing thrash, done properly. Hopefully, these guys are going to pick up their guns, still blazing, and shoot all around just for the fun again with a second work. And, believe me, I'll be the first in line for the slaughter.