Zakk's best with Ozzy - 100%

Travistl, February 20th, 2012

Sound: Ozzy's 1991 release "No More Tears" was the second album featuring guitarist Zakk Wylde. Comparing to his first album with Ozzy 1988's "No Rest for the Wicked" this album is a lot heavier. "No More Tears" was supposed to Ozzy's last studio record and was calling it quits after the tour and release "Live and Loud" (We all know that didn't last long). "No More Tears" contained some of Ozzy's best songs as a solo artist and four songs co-written by Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister. Some of the heaviest songs on this album are "Mr. Tinkertrain", "Desire", and "Hellrasier" Wylde plays with a sick tone on these as bassist Bob Daisley and late drummer Randy Castillo (R.I.P 1950-2002) fill in the rhythm parts very well and heavy. The Zakk Wylde style playing that we heard in later Ozzy albums and eventually in his current band Black Label Society started to show up, but not as much as on his later work. The album featured two ballads "Mama I'm Coming Home" (Co-wrote by Kilmister), and "Road to Nowhere". These songs with the music really help put the feel on the song and helped bring out the feeling of the lyrics and Ozzy's singing.

Lyrics and Singing: This is an Ozzy album so the lyrics and vocals are the same as the rest amazing. In my honest opinion whether with Sabbath or on his own this man cannot create a bad song. Just as usual his vocals flow over the music making the perfect connection. The lyrics on this album deal with your normal subject minus three songs. The 1st song out those three is "Mr. Tinkertrain". We all know Ozzy thinks up and does all of crazy thing but this one takes the crown as he sings about a pedophile trying to lure in kids. Now I don't how big of an Ozzy fan you are if you've either experience something of this nature or get bother easier by it I don't recommend you listen to this song. The 2nd of the three is "Mama I'm Coming Home". Yes, Ozzy has done a couple ballads before this album but one is a little different since it deals more with the family side of him that we didn't really see at this point in his career. The 3rd and final one is "Road to Nowhere". Now the reason why I'm saying this one is because just something about it seems, to myself at least, that it should've been on the "Bark at the Moon" album since sounds like the trapped place he felt like he was in after the passing of guitarist Randy Rhoads in 1982.

Impression: To me, this album is one of his and is up there with "Blizzard of Ozz", "Diary of a Madman", "Bark at the Moon" and the Sabbath albums "Black Sabbath" and "Paranoid". The free of this album with the power and energy Ozzy and the band had was incredible and I"m happy they got on record. I can't say what I love and hate about this album because there is so many things I love about it and nothing I hate about it. I will own this album till I die and will probably end up buying another 5 or 6 times because of wearing the CD out.