The Pinnacle For Nihilist - 100%

optimuszgrime, February 29th, 2008

My personal favorite of the Nihilist legacy. If for no other reason than for the track ‘Carnal Leftovers’, which is played with such intensity and ferocity that literally you get the feeling that you are being attacked through your speakers. This track, unlike their other tracks, has a legitimate blast beat in it, which does not ruin their sound and does not sound out of place even though they almost never use them. This is a trick few bands can pull. The rest of the demo is also godly; all of the tracks rule, and the recording quality out of all of the demos is the best on this one. Everything is audible loud and clear, and yet it still retains the grimy ass demo sound that old school death metal is so loveable for. This is also a feat that very few bands achieve. To be able to hear bass lines on a demo is a rare thing indeed, and on this one they are perfectly there, bringing their tunes. The entire demo is still dungeon death metal, except it is loud as fuck. If you are thinking of getting a Nihilist release, I strongly recommend this one, and if I had to choose only one Nihilist demo to listen to for the rest of my life, it would have to be this one, although being put to that decision would be cruel and unusual punishment.