Awesome fucking Grind!!! - 90%

Soulreaper_SOLB, March 30th, 2003

Its been a long time since an album literally grabbed me by by neck and pounded the flying shit out of me, but all has changed since i bought this album. On the first spin i was all over the fucking place!!! The album just picked me up and slammed me against the wall.... how can you not get floored? this album is 28 tracks (well 27.... 'Multinational Corporations' is an intro with no real substance, but still good for what it is) of pounding brutality... harsh Vocals, pounding fast as fuck Drums, a peculiar but awesome as hell Muddy Bass Sound, some great Guitar work..., good riffs, wherever there was a solo it was a good one, especially the one contained within 'Siege of Power'.... most songs ran under :50, but thats the unique beauty of Grindcore...

Many would consider this an infuential album, and so do i... this was one of the very first albums to get the Grind movement.. well, moving! And you can't forget the odd story behind this album... as the other reviewer stated, the line up changes on Side A and B and how there are no original members of Napalm Death to this day. A lot of people have had problems with production, i'm one of those people who can listen to something with horrible production and care the slightest bit (like Cracass 'Reek of Putrefaction', production is irrelevant..) But i personally think the production is good!

Overall, if you're a fan of Napalm Death (unless you're into newer ND) or just a fan of Grindcore in general.... listen to it at its best, pick up Napalm Death's 'Scum'.. you won't be disappointed!