Grind - 88%

Zze, August 6th, 2004

Not a fan of this style, however, I was impressed on how few people came to post here about this album. I use to play on a funny little project of Grindcore, more as a joke project than anything serious ,just because even if sucking as music per se, grindcore is REALLY funny to play as joke. and I listened to this album several times to get an idea of the style. What I can say is that, this CD, along with Carcass "Reek of Putrefaction" and Napalm Death predecessor "Scum" where among the most extreme albums of the entire 80´s decade. This could be probably considered the "earliest" ND "death metal" record, as Scum sounds more like a ultrafast hardcorethrash mix and is quite enjoyable. FETO is much faster, darker and heavier than Scum, plus the vocals are much more growled and guttural, to the point of being not of my liking, however, I believe that , to any extreme metal fan this is a must have , because it probably set many standards to 90´s Death Metal in general, the riffs, altought buried on the blastbeats , are quite good for this style and the vocals, altought horrible to my ears, fit the style perfectly and I believe, are capable of pleasing the ears of any extreme metal fan of Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation and bands alike.