Dedicated to Summoning - 90%

Extreminal, January 5th, 2012

The Forgotten Legends is the second release this year from this epic black metal band from Serbia. This release is interesting for me for 2 reasons: 1) I am a fan of this band, and 2) I am a fan of Summoning. Why did I mention Summoning now? Because this release is dedicated to Summoning, or to say it better, to the Minas Morgul album from Summoning. On this release are two cover version from the Minas Morgul album which is, in my opinion, a good album, but unfortunately the production from time to time is a bit bad. That is why I like this release, because it brings two songs from this album with a better and cleaner production. Both of the songs are close to the original songs, but the band also brought some new ideas with it.

“The Legend of the Master Ring” is the first song on this cd. The beginning of the song begins with a sample intro taking from a LOTR movie which is, in my opinion, a very good idea. The sound of the instruments are way better than in the original version where it sounded from time to time like some details were drowned in the sound. The second song here on this release shows it the best. It is an instrumental version of the song “Dagor Bragollach”. Here the listener can hear how many details were drowned out in the original version. I hear for the first time some melodies in this song that I've known for over a decade now. This release is very good and I would recommend it to all the fans of Numenor and Summoning, because both groups of fans will get something good.