Holy Shit!!! - 98%

nihilius123, January 6th, 2012

As far as I'm concerned, deathcore is a hit or miss genre. There are TONS of bands that are too horrible for me to mention in this review, and Molotov Solution is not one of them. Having already been familiar with this band's previous albums, I thought I knew what to expect going in. Boy was I wrong. Molotov Solution dish out a healthy brand of political, groove-oriented deathcore, and unlike their peers do not rely on over usage of breakdowns.

This new album sees the band going for more of a Born of Osiris approach and the results are impressive to say the least. The riffs here are sharp and never dull while the breakdowns are expertly placed and never drag out too long. Vocalist Nick Arthur does a good job of switching it up, alternating between his high pitched screams, and brutal growls.

Lyrically, this album is an all-out call to arms against corruption in the government, and a good one at that. From start to finish, this album is a brutal, well-paced monster that could easily appeal to both deathcore AND death metal fans. I recommend the tracks Insurrection, The Infernal Machine, and Collapse for starters. If you're looking for a deathcore band that can go toe to toe with the best of them, look no further.