Great album. Not terrible generic deathcore. - 95%

Dylbob, January 13th, 2013

To me this is an amazing album. The lyrics are top notch, the vocals are insane (Nick Arthur never disappoints), the drums in every song are creative and interesting not just double bass mash and *crash crash* breeaakkddoowwnn, and Richie Gomez on guitar always has a good mix-up between moderately technical and the good-old chuggalug breakdowns that we all know and love. To be honest I don't personally have a keen ear for bass and nothing necessarily stands out to me but it does not at all sound like bass was too quiet or too loud, every song still has that punch that Molotov Solution has always had. The album was mixed perfectly and I have yet to notice any flaw in that regard.

The primary thing I'd like to discuss about this album is the vocals. The lyrics to me are absolutely genius and it's not generic deathcore "death...death...hate...anger...raping girls...killing people." The lyrics have a lot of meaning about anti-fascism which are worded brilliantly and leave you to think about what you just heard/read and do it without also leaving you a bit confused. There isn't enough of this in the deathcore genre and I have generally given up looking the lyrics up in songs due to the fact that a majority of the time. When an acquaintance of mine recommended I give Molotov Solution a listen I figured it would be another half-decent "core" band that would get good exposure for 6 months then get drowned out like all of the other bands they've succeeded. Boy was I wrong. Nick Arthur hit ever high and every low that I could have ever hoped to hear on this album.

As a young vocalist I don't have the knowledge to pick apart any of the guitar/drums/bass but I can say that in comparison to a majority of the bands I listen to, this album was fantastically written. The only reason I haven't given this album 100% on the rating is because many could agree that a couple of the songs are very similar and it is my belief that it would be better for the listener if it could be changed up a bit.

mindequalsblown.net - 85%

RidgeDeadite, May 28th, 2012

Molotov Solution is back with a revamped lineup. Collision, Oakley, and Johnson have all left the band for personal reasons, so taking their places are the new members Richie Gomez (guitar), Shane Slade (bass), and Jacob Durrett (drums). For their new release Insurrection, they’ve pulled out all the stops and delivered an unrelenting force of brutal songs that have re-invented themselves from their Harbinger days. While they had a lot of metal influences thrown in, those parts kind of stood out and weren’t really blended as well as they could have been. Insurrection is to Molotov Solution what Shogun was to Trivium. Really mixes up their older sound with a lot of new elements to keep you on your toes.

The first single “The Final Hour” caught me by surprise and I knew to expect an all new band that overshadows any of their past efforts. Vocalist Nick Arthur wrote a message in this song that I believe we should all follow: “Believe everything you hear and see / and never ever question authority / together we stand / divided we fall” keeps their political messages intact, a topic that few deathcore bands actually cover.

If I had to pick the album’s next single, it would be “The Blood Of Tyrants.” It’s one of their faster paced tracks on the album and brings the energy to the listener. This song is more comparable to straight death metal than deathcore, with blast beat drums and melding guitars that bring an onslaught of aggression and awareness. It is by far one of the greatest songs (if not the greatest) in their catalog. To polish off the end, they put a stop on a dime breakdown to leave a lasting effect.

Arthur has certainly stepped his game up with his vocal delivery, and a good example is the song “Divide & Conquer.” That he is able to keep belting out these devilish growls and ear blistering screams will give a lot of competition to other like-wise vocalists in originality and lyricism. I embrace that they continually venture out of the deathcore bubble that has the tendency to trap other bands and make them sound generic; throwing true death metal, heavy metal and grindcore elements together makes this a refreshing breath of heavy music that’s only had a few other standouts this year.

Aside from all of the songs that bring in many other influences, it wouldn’t seem right if there wasn’t a pure deathcore song. That’s where “Cruor Viaticus” comes in and slaughters the competition. Take this quote directly from myself: “This is the single greatest deathcore song released since the last Acacia Strain album.” If that alone doesn’t catch your attention, then I have nothing else to say to you other than “go back to your pussy Jack Johnson vinyls and your ignorant, bleak lifestyle.”

Molotov Solution has raised the bar in deathcore that many others can’t live up to. Sure you can go out on your own and do the basic breakdown-verse-chorus-verse song structure, but you won’t stand out to longtime listeners (like myself) and will have a forced demographic to teenagers who don’t know anything about the genre. This is deathcore for real bacon loving, whiskey drinking men, not children.

Holy Shit!!! - 98%

nihilius123, January 6th, 2012

As far as I'm concerned, deathcore is a hit or miss genre. There are TONS of bands that are too horrible for me to mention in this review, and Molotov Solution is not one of them. Having already been familiar with this band's previous albums, I thought I knew what to expect going in. Boy was I wrong. Molotov Solution dish out a healthy brand of political, groove-oriented deathcore, and unlike their peers do not rely on over usage of breakdowns.

This new album sees the band going for more of a Born of Osiris approach and the results are impressive to say the least. The riffs here are sharp and never dull while the breakdowns are expertly placed and never drag out too long. Vocalist Nick Arthur does a good job of switching it up, alternating between his high pitched screams, and brutal growls.

Lyrically, this album is an all-out call to arms against corruption in the government, and a good one at that. From start to finish, this album is a brutal, well-paced monster that could easily appeal to both deathcore AND death metal fans. I recommend the tracks Insurrection, The Infernal Machine, and Collapse for starters. If you're looking for a deathcore band that can go toe to toe with the best of them, look no further.