Some Cunning Stunts!!! - 81%

Texas.
1998.
Poor Re-Touring Me tour.
Worth Watching? Yes.
Woth its Price? Not Really.
Kick-Ass? Yes.
As Kick-Ass as Live Shit? Unfortunately, No.
But Still Kick-Ass? Yes.

This video was made when, according to most metalheads, Metallica was at the beggining of their "Sell-Out Era" (And what an annoying term!). As you may notice, all the 80's songs are already tuned in an E Flat like today's shows, and all the members had their hair cutted, like today's shows. It's kind of the sign of what Metallica are today (Though I think they're more kick-ass today than on this DVD).

But let's go to the concert. It starts with "So What!?" On a normal stage that in the midtime of the song goes dark. Not bad at all (The effect). Some songs aren't what they were before, such as Creeping Death (Which I Found Lacking of Energy), Fuel (Metallica seem confused on this one) or Motorbreath (Idem). And though James' Mid-90s Melodic Voice works really good and appropriate on songs like Hero of The Day, King Nothing, Ain't My Bitch or Until it Sleeps; It seems quite Annoying on the 80's songs, or even in the distorted 90's Songs (Such as Fuel). The Backing Vocals done by Jason are reat (I've always thought he's a great Backing-Vocalist, or at least in Metallica) and Kirk's Backing Vocals.... I'll just say that they aren't good.

The Enter Sandman accident scene is one of the things that keeps you stuckk to the chair, because you didn't expect it, you didn't think it was coming, and furthermore, you think "Why the hell is an accident like the Montreal one on the Concert and I didn't hear it on the News?". Good scene. Another worth-watching one is the Bass guitar Doodle, showing us that Jason knows how to compose good Bass melodies, and a great performance of "My Firend of Mysery" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)". The "Making of" Part is not necessary, but still good; though I found James' declarations proper of a Sevent-Heaven Hollywood Star (Which Annoys me, thank God he's not talking that way now).

In conclusion; it's not a bad Live DVD, but it's nothing like Live Shit. On LS you found really Blood-Sweat-&-Tears songs, passioned-but-fun performing and shots that make you feel you're really on San Diego (Or Seattle). If you are a Metalli-Die-Hard Fan (Speacially of the 80's Era), haven't bought a Metallica Live DVD and want to buy one, Live Shit is for you. But if you have already bought Live Shit and want to see how Metallica did their songs live back on the late 90's (And watch James live performing on some good Load-ReLoad songs); you'd better Watch Cunning Stunts. Over-Prized; but still an acceptable Live Album you should have if you're a Metallica Fan.

And as a final note: Looking at the way they do their shows know, I can assure you that their Death Magnetic tour Concerts are a little bit more exciting that this one (And they would be a lot more exciting if today concerts had such scenes as the Enter Sandman ones!).

Score: 4,1/5 - 81/100
Highlights: So What!?, Bass-Guitar Doodle, Enter Sandman
Boring Points: Wherever I May Roam, Am I Evil?