Classic Albums: Metallica - 95%

samshroyer, August 20th, 2006

I own the VHS Copy of this and I don't know if the VHS and DVD are any different, so I'm just going to review the VHS copy.

This video was originally broadcasted on VH1, and along with many other albums VH1 did stuff like this with, it was released so any fan can own it. This video is very interesting because it goes through the five singles of The Black Album ("Enter Sandman", "Holier Than Thou", "Wherever I May Roam", "The Unforgiven" and "Nothing Else Matters") and the band members and other people who were involved in making the album talked about each of the songs. Everything from the Intro, to the Riff, to the Closing Bar, they talked about. They talked about how they didn't expect "Sandman" to be successful, how "Nothing Else Matters" was created, and how they expected "Holier Than Thou" to be the big hit. They show clips from the videos of the songs as well, while also showing clips of the band practicing them in the studio. I would have much rather have them talk about all 12 or 13 or whatever songs that are on the album instead of just 5, which is the only reason I gave it 95 out of 100.
So, all in all, this is worth all 5 Bucks you can pay for the VHS Brand New in FYE, actually, alot more. So if you are a true Metallica fan, a big fan of The Black Album, or just some random person reading this review, go buy this VHS. You will find it very interesting and will have a good time watching it.
Sam Shroyer