Controled Chaos... - 95%

meshuggah1324, October 30th, 2003

Warning, if insane works of art bother or scare you please don't listen to this cd. It's like a nail bomb going off in your head puncturing your brain tissue. Drummer Tomas Haake yet again proves his brilliance. Tomas actually recorded this whole cd without any guitar scratch tracks or a click track. Just him, his drums, and his brain to keep time!!! I will be head bangging to New Millenium Cyanide Christ until the day I die!!! The opening riff is insane, and I have no idea how they came up with that. THE MOUTH LICKING WHAT YOU'VE BLED has to be one of the heaviest, most insane sounding songs ever. The middle part of the song is increadible how they layer the guitar and drum patterns. Sane is another great song. Elastic is my favorite on the album. It has such a unique sound to it. This cd is just increadible any way you look at it. The production could have been a little better. Too much high end and the drums tend to get lost in the mix at times. I highly recomend picking this cd up along with their Destroy Erase Improve cd. All hail Meshuggah!!!!!