Wet with your blood, I sharpen my sword! - 100%

ShadeOfDarkness, September 15th, 2009

Well, if it isn't MegaDave and his gang again. What do they have for us this time? We'll find that out pretty soon.

This was a very big surprise for me, and hopefully for many other metalheads out there. What comes to mind if you hear the word Thrash? Wouldn't you think about the 80's? Wouldn't you start thinking about the good old days when Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax were great? Well, you don't really have to anymore, at least not for Megadeth. Because this album is totally fucking amazing!

The album opens with the deadly track "Dialetic Chaos", which is a monster! It's full of incredible riffs and solos. It's been a long time since I have heard such good guitar playing. Seriousley, this is impressive. I mean, Megadeth have always been good when it comes to guitar playing, but this is a surprise. Chris Broderick plays almost as good as Marty Friedman. He's really fast and technical at the same time, which makes a very good guitar player. That you can already hear, as you fill your ears with Dialetic Chaos! Then, the album goes right into the next track "This Day We Fight!" In my opinion, this is the best song on the album. If I were to say that Dave is once again thrashing like the good old days when Peace Sells was a new album, you wouldn't believe it. Not even I would believe it at first, but when I heard this song, I realized that it is possible.

The whole album is good. There's not a single shitty song on the whole record! This makes the album a very special one, and it is. It is actually the best thing they've done since Youthanasia! But when Dave said that he thought it was the best record he had written in his whole career, I just had to disagree. It is almost on the same level as the old stuff they made, but not that good. But let's not focus on what is best of then and now. The 80's will forever be the 80's. Bands can still make good music. Metallica has also showed that they are capable of making some kind of thrash still. I must say that Death Magnetic was a good album, but I didn't like the production so much though. But this isn't a Death Magnetic review. This is an Endgame review! And if anybody was wondering, then I can assure you that it kicks Metallica's ass straight to hell!

So, are you guys wondering how Dave's voice is doing? Well then. He does a great job on vocals! He has actually got some of his snarling back. I felt that on UA, he was a little more relaxed. However, this time he has went all out when it comes to vocals. He does an absolutely great job! Not only does he have to concentrate on his vocals, but on the guitar as well. He and Chris are doing some pretty sick riffs and solos together. It's a satisfaction for my ears. I love all the solos and riffs on this CD. They have that dark atmosphere over them, which only Deth knows how to create. Same for the drumming. Shawn really lived up to my expectations. We don't need Nick Menza when we got this guy. Nick is better off in Memorain. And then, it is the bass. James isn't quite as skilled as Ellefson was, in my opinion. I mean, he's goot and all, but Ellefson was better. The bass isn't that important for me though. As long as it is there, it's OK with me.

If you want me to describe the music very short and simple, then I would say it is melodic thrash metal. Melodic thrash with anger. That is what this album is all about. Dave has really made a point with Endgame. He shows many different sides of himself. From the angry one in "This Day We Fight" to the sad one in "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go". The point of this album must be, "Even though we're old, we can still fuckin' thrash!" So if you are a metalhead, then you're ordered to buy this one. I bought it yesterday, and I will never regret it!

Highlights:
This Day We Fight
Endgame
Head Crusher
The Hardest Part Of Letting Go... Sealed With A Kiss

This is the end of the road. This is the end of the line. This is the end of your life. This is the Endgame!!