Panzer Division tickticktick... fucking norsecore! - 4%

UltraBoris, December 1st, 2002

Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya. Fucking blastbeats... pretty much these guys have decided that the way to gain tr00th and br00tality is to play as fast as is humanly possible, throwing all riffs out the window, and putting the drums way too prominently into the mix.

Sure, it's a great idea. For about four seconds. Then you realise, "wow, what a fantastically retarded waste of time this is... I sure hope they can introduce some creative elements, and soon!" They don't. It's just stupidly fast norsecore from beginning to end. Same "riff", if you can call it that, over and over again, and of course that goddamn drumming.

Vocals? Whatever... indecipherable shrieking, which in and of itself is not bad, but when you have it on top of that guitar drone and that time-bomb of a drum track, surely nothing positive is gained. Highlights? Hmm, I'm being asked to differentiate between the tracks here? I'm afraid I can't do that. Go get yourself some Darkthrone if you want to be all Nekr0, because this fucking sucks. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it, and you won't be any less tr00 if you don't like this. It's just norsecore, and Satan will forgive you if you do your blaspheming to actual music, so avoid this shit.