DEAF IN HELL !!! - 80%

oldestpunkinargentina, March 11th, 2013

This is a trip to hell and back! Despite some minor drawbacks and considering how low budget most black metal dvds are, this one turned out awesome. The sound is near perfect PCM stereo, super loud and clear and the performance is intense and passionate. Then-new (2004) singer Mortuus proves a worthy addition and guitarist Morgan sets his fretboard on fire, especially for ¨Bleached Bones¨, for which he changes his conventional 6-string Fender for a detuned 7-stringer, resulting in massive low-end riffing. A fantastic mix, I played it with just a touch of low-end enhancement and voilá, killer sound. The picture is 4:3, which will annoy owners of LCD screens.

The first gig in Holland is filmed in a very dark stage, but you get to see everything okay except for the bassist who gets very little exposure. Great rapid fire edition with cool old school chroma effects, but there's a lot of cubic block pixelation from wrong image compression.

The second gig is in Poland and is filmed in B&W. Don't know the reason for it, but it did work for me. It's a short, almost rushed 30' set and the songs are played at a faster tempo and a little sloppier, providing sort of alternative versions to those of the first set. At the end you get a long and silent photo gallery that is kind of pointless since most of the pics are too small.

Disc 2 features 2 good video clips, an interesting interview, and a behind the scenes feature and eons of camcorder footage of the Deathmarch tour '04-'05, which I don't find appealing, but will probably delight hardcore Marduk fans.

Blasphemous DVD - 92%

_orc_, April 27th, 2007

The first Marduk DVD that I've ever seen was "Blackcrowned", a collection of many live videos. The first impression was not that good, the DVD wasn't as good as I expected. Poorly produced and with no extras. But now, "Blood Puke Salvation" is the opposite of "Blackcrowned". Tons of live footage, recorded with high quality, interviews, videoclips, photo galleries, 'behind the scenes' footage... in summary: the perfect document for the die hard Marduk fan.

The disc one shows us three options: the gig at Tilburg (Netherlands), the gig at Antwerpen (Belgium) and a great photo gallery. The show at Tilburg is perhaps the best part of the whole DVD. The classic Marduk song meet the new ones, with Marduk playing at their top of their brutality. The Morgan's guitar playing is as good as always (probably he's the best guitar player of the whole BM scene...), Devon's bass is great, better than B-War (something hard), Emil's drum playing is good, but not that good for black metal or Marduk. Mortuus vocals are fucking great. Yes, Legion was the Marduk 'trademark', but now with Mortuus Marduk seems to have renewed forces, with a renewed feeling. If songs like "Slay the Nazarene", "The Black" or "Panzer Division Marduk" were brutal and great with Legion on the vocals, now with Mortuus they seemed to be re-energized. But this lineup has some failures too. "Perish in Flames" is boring, maybe a wrong selection, there's better tracks on "Plague Angel"... although that album isn't that great. But in summary, is a great live show, from a great band, with good image and sound production.

The show at Antwerpen is like a summary of the Tilburg gig. But it has and 'black and white' effect on the image that's very interesting. Finally, the GREAT photo gallery has many (I said MANY) photos from the band live. Those photos of Mortuus with the chalice and the blood are kickassing.

The second disc has some random live footage, the videoclips from "Steel Inferno" and "Throne of Rats", an interview with Mortuus and Morgan, and finally a strange 'behind the scenes' video. The live videos are different tracks played in many european cities, like Germany (Wacken festival), Czech Republic, Spain, England, etc. The interviews are interesting, the topics are very good. Also, Morgan and Mortuus reveal some info about their next album. The 'behind the scenes' video is quite strange... a handicam shooting some pictures, and things like that.

If you like BM and/or Marduk, I reccomend you to buy this DVD, You'll not regret, I'm sure.