SWEAR TO SATAN - 100%

KK, April 16th, 2004

Words cannot do this album justice. I had never heard Macabre before when I saw them opening for Cannibal Corpse in 2002. They are one of the most entertaining live bands I've ever seen.

The first track I heard from this record was "The Vampire of Dusseldorf". Upon hearing the intro I can remember thinking, "what the fuck is this shit?", almost in the same sense as when I had when I first listened to "Fast as a Shark". Vampire of Dusseldorf is hilarious, skullcrushing, technically astounding (2:19), catchy as all hell, and it never gets old.

The opening track, "Nightstalker", is just so fucking cool. I don't how many times I hit the back button on my CD player to hear Corporate Death scream, SWEAR TO SATAN! From there it just goes into this monstrously simple crushing riff. I find myself laughing and headbanging when the chorus comes up. The high pitched voice yelling "NIGHT STALK-ERRR" is just so fucking metal, not to mention the chorus riff is flat out brutalizing.

The Boston Strangler is my other favorite from this disc. Corporate Death's high pitched vocals are just awesome.

As someone previously mentioned, this disc never gets old.