© 2002-2015

Shout At The Devil from my perspective. - 80%

TheShadowfiend, October 14th, 2003

In the summer of 1984, when I was 10 years old, I was watching MTV one summer day, and the video for "Too Young To Fall In Love" came on, and it just blew me away. This band had attitude in their music, and it left me speechless. So, after viewing this video, and liking the song, I went out and bought this fine LP about a week later.

When I got home with this album, and put it on the turn table, and the opening spoken word to "In The Beginning" started, I said, "This is it! I'm going to get my ass kicked big time." Then as if it was like being kicked in the teeth, the title track kicks in with some thunderous tom work, and the opening licks, and the chants of, "Shout! Shout! Shout," and Vince screaming, "Shout At The Devil," and we were off and running. The riff of the title track is heavy, and mean that it just leaves you numb. The next song, "Looks That Kill" is quite catchy and memorable, and the easy to sing along chorus shows just how much this song has become a Crue classic. One thing I like with the song, "Ten Seconds To Love" is the infectious guitar riffs that possesses. It just grabs you, and that is something I think is really good. The Beatles cover, "Helter Skelter" is actually done really well musically. Easy to get into. "Red Hot" is just a good uptempo stomper with a good sense of heaviness. "Danger" is kind of an odd way to close out the album, but the song is still decent enough.

This album is just good. If you're only going to pick up one Motley Crue album, you should make this album the one. This is also one of those albums that my friends and I throw on, drink some beers, and hear some kick ass music. It's just a shame Crue never managed to match the greatness this album has.