Half Brutal, Half Melodic - 89%

Verminswallower, October 12th, 2012

First of all, the split's title is really long, and I think these guys should've thought of a better and shorter name. Now, onto the review.

Lymphatic Phlegm:

Lymphatic Phlegm is a goregrind duo from Brazil and its a band different from all the other goregrind bands out there, mainly because of the guitar sound. While we are all used to hearing that low-tuned guitar, Lymphatic Phlegm uses a more melodic sound on them, making this band unique, and the songs on this split show us some good displays of their songs, though this is not the best material they have released. But guess what? The vocals are the usual goregrind vocals: deep guttural growls, which is a little annoying for the sound in their music. The lyrics (if they have any on this split) are about medical stuff, forensics mainly. And though this band has more tracks than Torsofuck, the lengths of the songs are really short.

Torsofuck:

The 4 tracks by Torsofuck are like the ones on their debut album, but with notorious differences. First of all, the guitar sound is more clear and the bass is not that loud, but is still there. Vocally this is still the same with deep, inaudible growls. The drum machine sounds more "machine", and a perfect example is Vaginal Disembowelment. Also, the songs have samples, but they are short with the longest being the sample at the beginning of Craving for Fresh Shit. And here we have the initial versions of Cannibal and Fistfucking Her Decomposed Cadaver, which were re-recorded on the debut album. These versions are different, musically and vocally, but still they are good.

Overall, this is an interesting split to hear no matter if you like one band or both of them. Torsofuck show us the brutal side while Lymphatic Phlegm show us that even goregrind can have a melodic sound.

Highlights;
Lymphatic Phlegm - Altered Mucosal Immunity in Cholestatic Jaundice.
Torsofuck - Craving for Fresh Shit