JapanGlam - 30%

VNVNV, February 28th, 2007

You can love or hate them but Loudness has been there to be loved or hated for over 25 years. Pandemonium is a typical classic rock/metal album that the band hailing from Japan is all about.

“You stepped on a mine” starts the album of with a very nice guitar solo as the intro, followed by a typical fast paced classic heavy metal song. Pandemonium gives you quite a mix of styles of songs, “Bloody Doom”, “Chaos” and “Suicide Doll” are more experimental funky metal tracks with excellent guitar work as always by Akira Takasaki. Other songs like “The Pandemonium” and “The candidate” are not as heavy and lean more towards the hard rock. An exception to this is “What’s the truth” which is more like an early and not as heavy Testament song and clearly is my favorite.

Throughout the complete album the highlight definitely is the excellent guitar work of Akira Takasaki. I do have to say that I find the vocals most of the times to be hard to understand and distracts me from listening to the song as a whole.

The best way to describe this album is as a mix of elements of glam, rock, metal, and sometimes funk. Not really my cup of tea.