Not bad for a demo - 65%

irionman, May 7th, 2011

I obtained this cassette many years ago in an online auction of random metal releases. I had never heard of this group and to be honest, it didn't really strike me to be something that I would enjoy listening to. That being said, it did manage to live up to my expectations of it.

This tape is a single sided demo cassette. I heard that it was a promo and that it was limited to around 150 copies. However, this is not a mastered work and as such, the sound quality is pretty sketchy. Both tracks feature a pretty dull bass line accompanied with another dull percussion assortment. I'm glad that the double bass wasn't overworked on this album, but at the same time I feel like a bit more "oomph" to it would have been a good thing.

The vocals aren't great on this release. In fact, I'd say that they are pretty bad. Now, given that cassette audio quality is already pretty bad and the fact that this is not a mastered demo, I will cut the vocals some slack. I could almost compare the singing to early Cannibal Corpse minus the raspy growling. Most of the vocals are incoherent, so deciphering the lyrics to these tracks without the band's help would be near impossible.

I enjoy this release for one main reason. It gave way to some great death metal in the later years. I enjoy listening to what this band once was and where they came from. If you can find this release floating around out there, I'd suggest you'd at least attempt obtaining it. Who knows when or if it will show up again. It's a nice collector's piece in my opinion.