Grindcore is dead...long live Grindcore! - 100%

Invaginator, September 16th, 2007

As 'Marasmus', a long-awaited and -yearned release from Belgian Death/Grinders Leng Tch'e, was released, the critics varied, but most of them agreed in the stupid opinion that this band went to far, accusing the band to have gone totally over to Death Metal and gotten mainstream. I can only say "FUCK YOU!" to anybody who critisizes this releases without having heard the previous releases, but stating that they sold out to Relapse. Everyone who listened to Leng Tch'e from 'Death By A Thousand Cuts' to 'The Process of Elimination' noticed the huge progress of the band, evolving from a pounding Gore/Grind into a groovey Death/Grind band that still needs to be topped. Since I listened to this CD from it's release a thousand times, this review will be "short", only displaying why this CD tops anything else released this year, and all previous Leng Tch'e releases.

Leng Tch'e simply went a few steps higher, adding slighly more Death Metal to their style, Rock solos, Hardcore breaks, ensludged bowel movement and utterly crazy melodies. You will wonder how they fucking manage to produce so many great songs, you will scratch your head and beat it with your shoes, just to come to the conclusion that this band simply does what they do best - write first class Death/Grind, pure entertainment. Almost every song on this release hits the top, almost every song is a goddamn hit. my favorite tracks are: "1-800-Apathy", "Tightrope Propaganda", "Tainted Righteousness", "Marasmus","Confluence of Consumers", "Abstained" and "Trauma and Scourge". This release just bursts with catchy riffs and melodies, even sing-along choruses and memorable parts. What makes this releases special is that you can pick out favorite songs after a few listenings. It just comes up with tracks that you won't get out of your head for a long time. "1-800-Apathy" is such a song. It's fancy at moments, giving the catchiness more depth. Leng Tch'e didn't invent catchy Grindcore, but they do a hellova good job in it. When I heard the Split with Warscars, I was somewhat of disappointed as I expected something that would throw me off my feet. I just couldn't get into Leng Tch'e.s side of the Split. The weird thing was, half of the songs are on 'Marasmus'. This shows what a good production and mastering can do to a band.

Their progress is unseen in the Grindcore genre, and they are continuing to do better. Maybe the singing to Relapse was the best thing these guys could have ever done. They released two of the best CD's I ever heard in Extreme Metal. And that's why I don't understand those who don't like this band, and are not full of praise for them. They praise fucking Decapitated, fucking Arch Enemy, simply bands that are full of shit and 'copy/paste' rip-offs. It's complete and utter bullshit to even notice these bands in the same review as Leng Tch'e, as da Leng has more originality in Boris' facial hair than all these bands in their hair altogether. I will just complete this review with the conclusion that Leng Tch'e have done a great job with 'Marasmus' and I hope the next release will be just in their way. Every opinion on this band other than praising is just bullshit. Leng Tch'e fucking rules.