A Flight Gone Wrong - 19%

Cyconik, July 8th, 2007

So here I am, 35000 feet above the ocean, listening to one of the worst albums I have ever heard. I never thought I'd have to hear myself say that one! The album of interest in this case is none other than 'A Crimson Cosmos', written by Lake of Tears.

I had heard a few good things about this album, so I decided to check it out. I figured I would download the album to see if I liked it enough to buy it. I was dissapointed by the lack of imagination and thought put into this album. Its overall feel was a childish, repetative anthem of substandard garbage.

The album is kicked off with a very strange spoken intro, for a song called Boogie Bubble. Now with a name like that, you can't expect much lyrically, but I was not about to judge a book by its cover and gave it an unbiased listen. It continues with very bland riffing, mixing with a pretty annoying singing voice. The juvenile chorus of this song is repeated far too many times in this song, with very little variation throughout the rest of the song.

I was still willing to give the rest of the album a try, so I would be able to have an in-depth view of the album for my review. I had hoped the album would redeem itself with (at least) a few catchy tunes. But it all went downhill from there, repetative riffs, beats, and lyrics made for an extremely boring listen. The songs are limited to the most basic of drum beats, the most naive of lyrics, and extremely BORING riffing.

You may be thinking to yourself, "There must be SOMETHING worth listening to on 'A Crimson Cosmos', but you know what? There isn't. Minus the poor lyrical content, and the fact that the musicians show very limited amounts of skill in writing and performing music, the production certainly does not help. It is definately not the wosrt I have heard, but there is also room for improvement.

Bottom line, this album is worthless, so, please believe me when I say that I look forward to deleting this piece of garbage from my computer, and I surely will not be buying it. I hope my review has saved your ears from this insulting excuse for music. Next time I fly, I assure you I will not be listening to this, because it made my flight, a flight gone wrong.